Re: widget reuse question

Hi,

Sure you could keep adding and removing widgets to your container, but
your code would be messy and it probably wouldn't look good to the user.

Instead, you can use a GtkNotebook to do that very kind of stuff.
Put each of your step in a different page, hide the tabs and borders and
plug your Next and Back buttons to gtk_notebook_next_page and
gtk_notebook_prev_page.

Hope it helps,
Henri

Matthew Dalton wrote:

Hi there,

I'm writing a 'wizard' style application, similar to those that appear
on MS operating systems.

I have a main window widget, which I have divided up with hboxes and
vboxes etc, and placed other widgets into.

When the user presses the "Next" button, I would like the window to
reconfigure for the next step.

Is it possible to remove widgets from the main window container and
reuse it by adding new widgets back into it?
Which gtk functions would be appropriate for this?

Thanks,
Matthew