Re: Memory problem

You gotta unref your style also if its not needed any more. I suspect thats
your problem.

Maher

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:18:31 +0900, Antony Stace said:

Hi Folks

 I have a function which is eating up lots of memory.  The function is
 listed below and is called every 1 second with the same

 GtkWidget *widget

 being passed to it each time.
 What do I need to do to stop it eating up memory.  All I want the
 function to do is set the colours of itself and its parent(if it has
 one).
 Any help greatly appreciated.

 Cheers
 Tony

 int SetWidgetColour(GtkWidget *widget, int bordersize, int red,
                      int green, int blue)
 {
     GtkStyle *new_style;
     GdkColor color;

     color.red = red;
     color.green = green;
     color.blue = blue;

     gdk_color_alloc(gdk_colormap_get_system(), &color);
     new_style = gtk_style_copy(gtk_widget_get_default_style());
     new_style->bg[GTK_STATE_NORMAL] = color;
     new_style->bg[GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT] = color;
     new_style->bg[GTK_STATE_ACTIVE] = color;
     gtk_style_detach (widget->style);
     gtk_widget_set_style(GTK_WIDGET(widget), new_style);

     return TRUE;