Re: Console button

Carlos Pereira <carlos pehoe civil ist utl pt> writes:
I use the following code to raise/lower the xterm from
where I launch my app. When the user presses a button
the parent xterm comes up, so the user can see stdout
messages and so, when she/he presses the button again the
xterm goes down.

This works great in Linux RH5.2 but in RH 6.0 with Gnome
apparently I am not so lucky.

Have you figured out what goes wrong?

Anyway this WINDOWID variable
seems a poor, unsafe, way of getting the information I want.

What is the clean, solid, way of achieving this? In particular,
how to get the Window identification of the parent xterm, used
to launch the app and to write stdout? Xlib solutions are welcome.

WINDOWID seems like the only way you could even think about doing it.
It's basically a big hack, there is no clean way to do big hacks.

Havoc