Re: Gtk objects without X system

José Antonio Caminero Granja wrote:

Hello to all,
        I think would be better to allow apps with Gtk objects (not widgets) out of X
system (gtk_main forbids this) because then would be easier having a graphical
or non graphical interface making "non graphical widgets". For instance, I am
developing a CASE tool for Software Architectures where model and controller
(MVC point of view) are been coded like Gtk objects (non graphical) because
I'm using an OO desing (I select C instead of C++ because when I began this
project Gtk-- doc was very, very poor) and I'd like to run it out of X throug
an interpreted language (but if there isn't a X system won't run).
        I know Gtk is Gimp ToolKit -a graphical objects repository-, but now Gtk is
more than this, it is a C extension for using objects.

IIRC, the object system in gtk+ has been moved to glib in the
development version for exactly the reason you describe. It's called
GObject.

/Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Software Engineer  |  Isotek Electronics Ltd
mailto:mgg isotek co uk          |  Claro House, Servia Road