Re: How do expose_events work?

G'Day !

Have you looked at the scribble.c example from the tutorial.  It is really well
documented .... and the source code would answer most of your questions.  If you
still need help I can send you some code.  Most of it is based on the scribble
code though, so it might not help too much.

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

                    Jeans

                    <jeans ace ulyssis org>         To:     gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

                    Sent by:                        cc:

                    gtk-app-devel-list-admin        Subject:     Re: How do expose_events work?

                    @gnome.org

                    10/31/00 12:08 PM

after doing that, did you do a gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(yourdrawingarea),
"expose_event", somefunction, data) ??
           Yes. I wish it was that simple...

static gint PGCanvasExposeEvent(GtkWidget *widget, GdkEventExpose *event,
                                                              gpointer data) {
           printf("Canvas expose event\n");
           return FALSE;
}

void PGCanvas::addToWindow(PGWindow* parent) {
           // Create new drawing area
           m_hWidget = (GtkWidget*)gtk_drawing_area_new();
           gtk_drawing_area_size(GTK_DRAWING_AREA(m_hWidget), 300, 300);
           // Connect signal handler
           gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(m_hWidget), "expose_event",
                     GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(PGCanvasExposeEvent), (gpointer)this);

           gtk_widget_set_events(m_hWidget, GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK);

           // Add to layobox (my own container)
           pg_gtk_layobox_append(GTK_CONTAINER(parent->m_hPGContainer),
                     m_hWidget);

It's probably something with the container I've written
pg_gtk_layobox. Is that possible? Anybody a pointer where
I can start debugging?

Jeans.