Re: How do expose_events work?

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:37:50 +0100 (CET), Jeans said:

 Hi,

 I've written my own container and it used to work perfect so far.
 I can add buttons, labels,.. But today, I tried to add a gtk_drawing_area.

 The problem is that this drawing area does _not_ get any expose_
 events (although I used gtk_widget_set_events(m_hDrawingArea,
 GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK)).

after doing that, did you do a gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(yourdrawingarea),
"expose_event", somefunction, data) ??

 It does get configure_event's though.
 I tried to connect to a expose_event of a gtk_button in my
 container and that works fine.

 Does a gtk_drawing_area have an X-window? or is it a thin
 component like a label?

It does have a window (drawingarea->window)

 I have a expose handler in my container that forwards events
 to children without a window:

 if (GTK_WIDGET_DRAWABLE(child) && GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW(child) &&
     gtk_widget_intersect(child, &event->area, &child_event.area))
           gtk_widget_event(child, (GdkEvent*)&child_event);

 So, if the drawing_area has an X-window, the problem can't be
 with my container? can it?
 Anybody sees what i'm missing?

 Thanks,

      Jan Struyf