Re: GtkCTree vs GtkTree?

Carlos Pereira <carlos pehoe civil ist utl pt> writes:

You can try looking at any of my program's source's ...
http://www.muhri.net

According to Havoc, there is a new tree widget coming
with Gtk2.0, so if we change from GtkTree to GtkCTree,
then we will have to change again... I am wondering if
it is better to wait and change only once?

There is, and there will be quite a number of changes needed to make it
work with the new tree widget.  That being said, the old GtkCTree widget
will still be available in this release, and it will probably be 6
months before GTK+ 2.0 is widely available (and even longer before GNOME
is built against it.)  Unless you are specifically targeting that time
frame, and don't mind building against an unstable API, I'd stick with
GTK+ 1.2.

Thanks,
-Jonathan