Re: GtkCTree vs GtkTree?

Could that be used for row select signal callbacks as well?

I read that there was a note about that not working out right?

Can I just create a ctree and set the select row callback as if it were a
clist and then get the row number and label that way? How would I get the
label for a row on the first (tree) column for a clist if it was a ctree?

    Yes, you can pretty much do that. I do this stuff inside a popup menu
    attached to a ctree button press event. (Note that tree is already defined
    here, it is the ctree widget).

    GList *list;
    GtkCTreeNode *node,*new_node;
    gchar *name,*string;

        list = (GTK_CLIST(tree)) -> selection;

        if (list != NULL) {
            node = GTK_CTREE_NODE(list->data);
            /* to get the label do */
            gtk_ctree_get_node_info(GTK_CTREE(tree),child_node,&name,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);

            /* to attach a new node as the child of this node do */
            string = g_strdup("New node");
            new_node = gtk_ctree_insert_node(GTK_CTREE(tree),
                    node,NULL,&string,0,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,FALSE,TRUE);

            g_free(string);

            } /* this bracket should be further left but evolution is buggy :( */