Re: GTK+ DND copy/move actions and tutorial

Thanks for the pointer Owen!

Well the procedure looks quite expensive but my main concearn is that it
might be too much for the tutorial example.

So I'll add another section to the tutorial covering `Default Destination
Drag Actions' (as soon as our web site comes back online, its apparently
down and I can't make that addition this weekend).

The default is chosen by the destination. It does this based
on the ->actions and ->suggested_action fields of the GtkDragContext
in the ::drag_motion handler, and communicates its choice
back by calling gdk_drag_status.

(To control things at this level, you need to omit
GTK_DEST_DEFAULT_MOTION)

If ->actions contains multiple set bits, then the destination
can choose between them. ->suggested_action is the one suggested
by system policy, but the destination is free to override this
as appropriate.

If the user holds down a modifier key, then only one action
will appear in ->actions. In this case, the destination must
pick either that action or nothing (by calling gdk_drag_status
with an action of 0)

Regards,
                                        Owen

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--