Re: Deleting text

"Dugas, Alan" <alan dugas analog com> writes:

Does anyone know why gtktext crashes if you try to add and delete large
amounts of text after a variable amount of time?  If I only add text
everything works fine, however eventually my app slows down to a snails
pace.  I'm trying to work around this problem where my app crashes in
function decrement_mark_n() at line;

mark->offset = MARK_CURRENT_PROPERTY (mark)->length - 1;

at the time of the segfault mark->property = 0x0 which looks like the
problem. Again any and all ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Because GtkText is buggy... :-(

If you are trying to make heavy use of GtkText, you might want to try
a different text widget such as Mikael Hermansson's GtkExText, which I
believe is quite compatible with GtkText.

GTK+-2.0 will have a new, much more powerful and stable text
widget, but that is pretty tied to the unstable branch of
GTK+.

Regards,
                                        Owen