Problems with gtk_set_locale and gnome_init

Hi everybody,
I am writting a gtk+ app  with gtk+extra library. This is my problem:
- I use gtk_init and my app works and i can print ps files,
    but if i use gtk_set_locale too, i can not print ps files. The ps
    is generated but the viewer can not show it.
- If I use gnome_init instead gtk_init i can not print either.

Can anyone say me what gtk_set_locale and gnome_init do,
(I know what is this used for) and why this affect to my app?.
Maybe  the problem are escape parenthesis, but i don't know.
Thanks in advance

          Eusebio.