Re: Trying to display image in a menu.

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:45:41 -0400, Kervin Pierre said:

Hello,

 I'm writing a menu program similar to a floating "start button".

 I need to display an image next to each of the sub-menu entries in my
 menu, eg. as with the items in the foot menu in gnome. How do I
 accomplish this.

This can be accomplished like so

GtkWidget *menuitem;
GtkWidget *hbox;
GtkWidget *label;
GtkWidget *pixmap;

menuitem = gtk_menu_item_new();
hbox = gtk_hbox_new(FALSE, 5);
label = gtk_label_new("menu item");
pixmap = gtk_pixmap_new(some_gdkpixmap,some_gdkbitmap);
gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(hbox), pixmap, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(hbox), label, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(menuitem), hbox);
gtk_menu_append(GTK_MENU(somemenu), menuitem);

 Also, can I change the orientation of the menu.  Eg, instead of
 expanding down (as with most program menus), expand up (as with gnome
 foot, and windows start button).

I dont know about this, but I suppose it can be done using some position
function or something, I could be wrong, check gtkmenu.h

Maher

 thanks,
 -Kervin