GtkGLArea demo programs

G'Day !

I am trying to add a GtkGLArea to my program as a substitute for a
gdk_drawing_area.  However when I complie the demo programs that are part of the
GtkGLArea tarball, I keep getting Segmentation Faults on all the demo programs
except the "Zktor"

BTW ... I'm using GKT+/GLIB 1.2.8
                                  MESA 3.2.1
                                  GtkGLArea 1.2.2

In GtkGLArea_demo.c ....

I have compiled them with debug symbols, but when I run it under gdb, all I get
is the following memory address.

0x4041a59d in           ( )

which does not do me any good  :-(   I tried modifying the code to give me a
better indication of where the problem is, but no progress yet.  Tonight I'll
try using electric-fence and/or other memory debuggers

Any ideas what might be the problem ?

This is my modifed version.  The original can be found in the GtkGLArea tarball.

(See attached file: OpenGLtest.c)

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!