do clists respect any size max/mins?

Hi,
        Are strange behaviors in 1.2 finally going to be made sane in 2.0?
For example, a clist will allocate all unused space to the final column
without regard to whether or not it will exceed the maximum column width.
        -Chris

--
lansdoct cs alfred edu -> http://cs.alfred.edu/~lansdoct/
"If I had had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Pascal