RE: clipboard pasted text highlighting broken?

A strange observation using the code in the previous post below...

With the start position of gtk_editable_select_region() set to "(gint) 0";
*  All text placed into a gtkentry using gtk_entry_set_text() is
selected/highlighted.
*  NO text placed into the same gtkentry using gtk_editable_paste_clipboard() is
selected/highlighted.

With the start position of gtk_editable_select_region() set to "(gint) 1";
*  All text after the first character placed into a gtkentry using
gtk_entry_set_text() is selected/highlighted.
*  All text placed into the same gtkentry using gtk_editable_paste_clipboard() -
including the first character - is selected/highlighted.

This sounds like a bug.  I get different results when using the same arguments
to gtk_editable_select_region() based on where the text in a gtkentry came from.
Can anyone else independently confirm this?

                                -- Stupid Genius