Placing a check_button in a fixed area

Hello,

In my app I have the following setup:

A fixed container filled completely with a gtk_drawing_area.
In the fixed container I add widgets in x and y positions of my choice.

The gtk_drawing area has a black background. I want to add a
check_button_with_label widget to the fixed container but it is not
visible - all other widgets eg toggle button, button etc work.

I know the check button is there because when I press on the point
where it is supposed to be I get something printed out from the callback
- I just can't see it :(

Can someone help please?

Thank you in advance,

Cyrus

--
Cyrus Patel - cyrus linuxfan com
Dept. of Computer Engineering                             Debian GNU/Linux