Re: launch a html file

Jose Eusebio Roza Pando wrote:

Hi,
       I would like to launch a html file in the default navegator.
How can i "exec" a file (ps, html,pdf,...) from my application
and thus  the system loads it in the default viewer?

If you're using Gnome, there's a mapping of MIME types to applications - you should check the Gnome docs to see if that information can be accessed. I would assume that KDE does something similar.

If all you want is a web-browser, I've had good success looking for the contents of an environment variable named "BROWSER", although I don't know if this applies to all distros or not.

Tim Shead
tshead k-3d com