Re: Casting GTKWidgets - Urgent

I got it....

Just the user_data drived me on the wrong path.... Anyway, now it works
just fine...

Thankyou,
Naheed

Iain wrote:

I am quoting this from gtk manual which deals with the callback
function. It clearly states that the second argument is what the
userinputs in the text_entry, which actually I want to catch...

void enter_callback( GtkWidget *widget,
                     GtkWidget *entry )
{
  gchar *entry_text;
  entry_text = gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry));
  printf("Entry contents: %s\n", entry_text);
}

The changed signal on GtkEditable is like this
void enter_callback (GtkEditable *editable,
                                    gpointer user_data);

User_data is whatever you specified as the last argument to
gtk_signal_connect.

your function should be
void enter_callback (GtkEditable *editable,
                                gpointer user_data)
{
    gchar *entry_text;
    entry_text = gtk_entry_get_text (GTK_ENTRY (editable));
    printf("Entry contents: %s\n", entry_text);