Re: gtk_widget_show() doesn't "show".

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 02:11:03PM -0800, James K. Wiggs wrote:
   I then use the values of view_width and view_height, along with the
canvas scroll region, to set the canvas-to-window affine.  The problem
is this: view_width and view_height *always* get set to 0.  I even know
*why* this is the case: the scrolled window hasn't been "shown" yet.  I
have explicit calls to gtk_widget_show() for *every* widget in the
heirarchy as I create them, but the window does not appear on screen
until *all* of the notebook pages have been created.  Can anybody tell
me why this is the case?
A widget isn't shown until all of its parents are shown,
including the toplevel window.

--
Evan Martin - eeyem u washington edu
http://students.washington.edu/eeyem