Re: Accesing Databases

G'Day !

Someone wrote a frontend for a PostgreSQL database using GTK+, you could
probably extend that code fairly easily or at least figure out how they did it.

http://www.multimania.com/bbrox/GtkSQL/

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

                    Rodrigo Moya

                    <rodrigo ulises openreso        To:     Nicolas Raitman <new_world radar com ar>

                    urces.com>                      cc:     gtk app <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>

                    Sent by:                        Subject:     Re: Accesing Databases

                    gtk-app-devel-list-admin

                    @gnome.org

                    11/24/00 08:30 PM

Hi to all! I will develop a simple application, that will be like an
addressbook. I am having one big problem, I do not know the functions to
access to a mysql or postgresql database. I know those functions that work
with php and I also have a good unsertanding of databases and sql language,
so the only problem that I have is that I do not know the names of the
functions to access a database and also the data types returned by them. One
more thing... which other 'include' I will have to make? Can you give me a
hint?

you'll need to look at the MySQL and PostgreSQL docs to see their
respective APIs. look at http://www.mysql.org and www.postgresql.org

One more thing... is there a special library to access databases with gtk+?

you may want to use gnome-db (http://www.gnome-db.org) which offers several
database-oriented widgets, such as a grid, a list, a connection dialog, etc.
And it's totally db-independent. Although, of course, it's for GNOME.

cheers