GtkImage and GtkPixmap programming

I am making an application where I want the user to be able to select an area
of a GtkPixmap/Image and then put it on an other GtkPixmap/Image. How would I do
it?
I have made code for selecting area, and where to put it on the other
Pixmap/Image.

I've tried taking the Pixmap of my GtkPixmap widget with gtk_pixmap_get(), and
then use the Gdk drawing primitives to put my other pixmap on it, but nothing
appears on the screen.

I have pulled my hair for a couple of days now and I've read the Gtk and Gdk
manuals, but they're not very comprehensive, and I couldn't find any clues.

--
// From Simon 'Simon The Sourcer' Brenner \\
\\       May the source be with you       //