clist signal select_row repetition

hi everyone,

A quick question about the clist select_row signal. I have a function catching it but it appears to get
called more than once...

I connect the signal as follows:

  gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(wid), "select_row",
                       GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(blah), NULL);

Then in function blah:
gint  blah (GtkWidget *clist, gint row, gint column, GdkEventButton *event, gpointer data)

 /* Check for double click */
  if (event != NULL && event->button == 1 && event->type == GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS) {
        g_print("double click!\n");

When I double click on a row, the code appears to enter the loop for the double click multiple times (it's a
bit random). It's very weird...

Any ideas?

There is some code in the FAQ about making sure your signal function returns TRUE if it is handling the
signal, but I cannot find any more documentation on this anywhere... I also tried gtk_signal_connect_after
but it didn't help.

I'm on gtk+ 1.2.8 compiled from source on RH 6.1. The clist I am catching signals from is generated from
libglade...

ta,
wayne