Re: How do I make a dialog stay on top of the main window?

I want to prevent a modal dialog (showing an error message) to be covered by
the application window which could easily happen if the window manager's
policy is "focus follows pointer" and "focus auto raise".

How do I hint the wm (assuming it is a rather modern one, say fvwm2,
sawmill or the like) to make the window stay on top of the main application
window?

gtk_window_set_transient_for (GTK_WINDOW(dialog), GTK_WINDOW(window));

Carlos