Re: Event loop

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Ubirata Azevedo Ignacio wrote:

  Hi!

  How can I control th event loop?
  I wanna something like

     while(1)
     {
      do_something() ;
      process_gtk_event_loop() ;
      do_another_thing() ;
     }

Is this just not bad Unix programming? Why not devide your program in
several processes and let them communicate? Use file descriptors or
sockets to do the communication.

If you want to do several thing in one process - you must have
made a bad design... Well some small things might go inte a single
process - but if you devide our system in several processes you should
get rid of the above construct.

GH

  I'v tried to use gtk_main_iteration, but it locks the loop while and
don't executes any other code after.

  Can I do it?

Thanks

--
" There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path "
Morpheus, 314c