Re: Re: add a button on X window

Hi,learfox
  I read source codes of gdk ,but I know only how to change gdk window to x window.There is not that
function which can change x window to gdk window.
Because I am developing a object with other.Other programmer pass a xwindow to me,I need use gtk to
decorate it.
  Thanks for any help

Oh I see the problem now, you want to go from X to Gdk, but Gdk requires
that the Gdk side for the referance to the X window be known and it
dosen't know that.

Then the only alternative I can think of is to create a Gdk window based
on the exact same characteristics as the given X window... in which case
you may as well create a GtkWindow... but the only problem is that the
XID's are not the same.

Another crazy thing you can try would be to create a Gdk window then
manipulating its substructures to point to the given Xlib Window then
use X calls to destroy the referanced Gdk window...

Sorry, I'm afraid those are the only ideas I can come up with.

ÔÚ 2000-12-26 22:41:00 ÄúдµÀ£º
Hi,all:
  I have a XWindow.Now,I want to use gtk or xlib add a button on
it.But I don't know how to place a button to X window.Who can tell me
how can I do?

There is a way with using GTK to create a popup window and then subwindows
and then adding a GtkButton.

The problem is that you can't create those Windows with Xlib calls.
GDK is lower level to GTK and can be used in conjunction very easilly,
GDK is basically a slightly wrapped Xlib and should give you most of the
functinoality.

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--

                    ÖÂ
Àñ£¡

            rings
            rings etang com