Re: CList memory management with C++ ...

John Schmerge <schmerge cyber com> writes:
I was under the impression that the append function only looked at the 1st n
array elems, where n is controled by the number of columns specified in the
gtk_clist_new function... I have been writing code passing non-null terminated
arrays to gtk_clist_append w/o problems... Is this a new specification as of
1.2.8 or 2.0?

No, sorry - I was on crack. ;-) It does indeed use the number of
columns. NULL-termination is the usual GTK convention, but not used in
this case.

 ...I am currently using 1.2.6 b/c of several company policies
currently in place, but anticipate a shift over to newer versions of gtk in the
near future.

API stuff like this of course won't change in a stable release
(1.2.6->1.2.8), 1.2.8 shouldn't require a recompile much less code
modifications. 2.0 isn't out yet, so don't use that.

Havoc