Need help with RadioButtons

I am building a small user application which uses a group of three
RadioButton widgets.  I have no problem getting the buttons to function and
signal properly when the user clicks on any one of them.  My problem is the
application requires the buttons to indicate the current status of the
application values when the application is initialized.  The states of the
three buttons are saved upon exiting.  When the user next runs the
application, we want to be able the display the previously saved states.

I have tried about everything I can think of to set the states of the
buttons upon initialization, but with no success.  Would anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks,
Jess Long