----------
From:         Jose Eusebio Roza Pando[SMTP:jeroza alu uah es]
Sent:         Monday, December 18, 2000 2:10 PM
To:   Dugas, Alan
Cc:   gtk-app-devel-list gnome org;
scigraphica-gtkextra lists sourceforge net
Subject:      Re: [gtkextra] slow updates

"Dugas, Alan" escribió:

Hi,

I am running into a problem while using a gtkplot inside a
gtkplotcanvas.
Has anyone run into slow updating of plots when the dataset is changed?
It
seems that when the x-axis range changes dramatically, say 700K to 7, I
get
updates that take over a minute to occur:-(  During this time my cpu
usage
spikes, the gtk app I'm writing locks up, and the system slows down to a
crawl.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

                                -- Stupid Genius

I have the same problem, when a parameter in gtkplot is changed the update
is
very slow.
When I have a dataset with 300.000 points inside, the update takes 15
seconds.

If your array_x has 700K points , although you only use some of them, the
updating will be very slow,
I think the array_x must only have the elements with points.
Cheers,
Eusebio

--
"No me des las gracias a mi,