CList/CTree & focus row

I'm trying to use a CTree in multiple mode. One of the things I would like to
do is programmatically move the focus row up or down one entry.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way of doing this.

What I'd like to do is the equivalent of clicking on the row; that is, unselect
everything, set the focus row, and select it. I've found bindings for
manipulating the current selection, and to retrieve the focus row, but nothing
that will set it.

(If it helps, I'm using Python.)

Also, does anyone know of a text editor widget that *doesn't* have that nasty
cursor-keys-move-one-logical-line-no-matter-how-long-it-is behaviour?

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+ "Working with Unix is like wrestling a
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+ carrying a .38." --- Nancy Lebovitz