Help -- App freezes

I have an app that I develop on Win NT 4.0 (SP5) and also on RH Linux 6.2. I
program it using GtkAda 1.3.10 (corresponding to Gtk 1.2.10 I believe). It
uses a "list" widget. Wheneven I click on an item in the list widget I trap
the "clicked" event and then display a file in another "text" widget.

Any case, I see sporadic freezes (goes into a tight loop apparently
consuming pretty much all the CPU available) on the Win NT box. (Also on a
Win2000 box). The freezes are always triggered by a "click" on one of the
items. There does not appear to be any pattern to the items which cause this
to happen.

However, under Linux, this application never behaved this way.

I am lost as to how to troubleshoot such a problem.

Questions :

Has anyone observed any such behavioural difference? (I had queried GtkAda
group earlier and nobody else had.) But still I am posting just in case.

Anyone has any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem? (I have not been
too successful with the debuggers so far. Maybe I have not tried hard
enough)

any suggestions welcome.

thanks
srini

PS - I apologize for being somewhat vague but hope that the above gives the
"gist".

R. Srinivasan
General Electric Industrial Systems
Engineering Services
1501 Roanoke Boulevard
Salem, VA 24153
mailto:Rajagopalan Srinivasan IndSys ge com
Phone : (540) 387-7870 Dial-Comm : 278-7870