[gthumb-list] personalized command

Hi! I have trouble understanding how the command personalization works.

I want to apply this command to the selected images:

exiftool -d 'new name %Y-%m-%d--%H.%M.%S.%%e' '-filename<CreateDate' *

A first issue is: how do I avoid that gthumb interprets the "%"s as its own parameters? something like a "%%" parameter would be needed.

A second issue: how do I pass the file names? with %F (path)? the docs aren't clear: is it a path = the directory in which the file is or a path= the base name with the complete directories?

A third issue: if the _expression_ for renaming has spaces, subdirs are created. How do I avoid this?

don Paolo Benvenuto