[gthumb-list] Map "frozen" in recent as well as latest (3.8.1) versions of gThumb on Debian testing

Hi,

I've been using gThumb for years and I love the map display option. However, in a recent Debian-packaged version of gThumb (3.6.2, I believe), the map became unusable: it displayed but could not be moved around or zoomed.

I have compiled the current 3.8.1 version from sources (git/meson/ninja) and turned the map extension on, I see the map, but, unfortunately, the same thing happens. The pointer changes from arrow to "hand" when it enters the map but no move or zoom like it used to be :-(

I am using the Debian testing-packaged version of libchamplain:

libchamplain-0.12-0:amd64
libchamplain-gtk-0.12-0:amd64

Ideas?

Thanks for your help