[gthumb-list] dev idea

I'm thinking of integrating my image-pairing workbench into a standalone app, and gthumb comes to mind since I'm using it to browse my images. Does any of this sound feasible and/or welcome?

My code is in Java, so hooks for that (or code translation) would be needed.

Here are the features I'd add:

Everyday utility:

  - Find/group photos by similarity using color histograms, based on

https://boofcv.org/index.php?title=Example_Color_Histogram_Lookup

I find when I give it a welded-pair of photos and 20K pics to search, the images in the pair are usually in the first 10 returned.

The whole boofcv functionality might not be hard to hook in at that point:

https://boofcv.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

  - Order photos by 'quality' metric derived from one's favorite pairs:

Pair mode:

  - show two pics side-by-side or above/below

  - give options for matching/approving matches

  - simple neural nets learn your prefs and make increasingly better suggestions

  - best-pairable pics turn out to be easiest to look at too, so it simplifies, even automates trimming the collection. :-)

Pair mode is basically as in _javascript_ on this page, see Phob-> options.

http://phobrain.com/pr/home/view.html

One way to see the power is when in a 'Search' mode, clicking on a pic tries for a good match to the neighboring pic.

Search/AI mode:

Bill