[gthumb-list] slow showing of thumbnails for raw images

Hi guys!

gthumb 3.4.3: thumbnails for  raw images are generated and saved in the cache, but showing them again take anyway a long time.

I could confirm that with ARW's and NEF's: with 20M raw images, showing a directory with 200 raw's take many minutes on a mid-sized pc. Actually it's quite slow even with many 3M jpg's

Perhaps the slowliness comes from the method using to generate the hash for the thumbnail name: is this hash generated reading all the image files?

Calculating the has from the whole file is surely good for little image, in order not to have old thumbnails when the images are updated, but I'd suggest to calculate the hash from the full path. The problem with updated images is easily resolved validate the thumbnails date-time-modified against the image's date-time-modified. This way the browser would show the thumbails more more fast!

don Paolo Benvenuto