[gthumb-list] Slideshow transitions in browser

I was wondering if the transitions which are available in the slideshow could be made available in the viewer (the view with the thumbnails at the bottom). The only thing I ever really liked about a mac when I had it was the image previewing in the Finder app (the mac version of file explorer, which has a cube transition like effect available for images), and I finally found a great replacement for it in gthumb. The finder animated transitions really enhance the experience of browsing photos on the mac though IMO.

Gthumb is already so similar (although with more functionality). For basic working with a collection of images, or browsing them, you don't usually want to use presentation mode. Making the animated transitions available in the viewer would bring the elegance of presentation mode available to everyday working.

BTW gthumb is excellent, fast and beautiful and well laid out, its a shame it took me so long to find it. I'm surprised it is not part of the standard installation in Ubuntu, it should be.

Kind regards, Pete