Re: [gthumb-list] make error

On 22-04-17 09:18, Paolo Benvenuto wrote:
but, will make install overwrite my current debian executable?

where does it "install" the executable?

It depends on your default prefix. Usually it's /usr or /usr/local. To avoid
conflicts, I usually install self compiled applications to $HOME/local with:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/local

To use them easily, just add the directory to your path in for example your
.bashrc file:

export PATH=$HOME/local/bin:$PATH

To solve the problem with settings schema files, I use this:

export XDG_DATA_DIRS=$HOME/local/share:/usr/share

Jef