[gthumb-list] messed up my settings?

Hi all...

I have used gthumb for years, for the past few months gthumb 3.4.1 under the latest Manjaro Xfce editions. Suddenly a couple days ago i have a navigation issue. It could have been caused by a Manjaro update, but much more likely it was user error in the wee hours. I have tried all the settings options i can find several times, but cannot seem to get it back as it was. A little help?

Previously there was a directory tree on the left vertical side showing my hard drive. I had the program set to open at my Home folder on startup, but using the tree i could easily navigate between folders and sub-folders. Love it! Suddenly that is gone, and replaced by a single tab near the top left which opens to the folder i select as the startup default. From there i can only go into higher nested folders until i am at Computer, not being able to descend into folders where media is stored. As gthumb is my default viewer. i am able to go into File Manager, click on a pic within a folder, have the viewer come up, scroll through a few pics, then i am able to use the back arrow to get thumbnails of the entire folder. If i want to go to another folder, i have to do all this over again from the File Manager. (I hope i have written this in a way that is comprehensible.)

Can anyone please tell me how to get back to my original configuration where the tree of my hd appears on the left and is navigable from there to all folders and media? Many thanks!

peace
-bill