Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 14:50:23 +0100
From: Jef Driesen <jefdriesen hotmail com>
To: Nathan <sirrahn gmail com>
Cc: gthumb-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [gthumb-list] can't view some NEF files

On 2016-01-31 12:31, Nathan wrote:
Hi, can someone help me? I am new to gthumb and am trying to view NEF
files taken with a Nikon camera. However, some of the images do not
show in gthumb and only an icon is displayed. For these images the
information on the image says it is Format:TIFF. The ones that show
correctly are listed as RAW format. I'm sure they are all raw!

I am also using darktable and the items were also catalogued by
Shotwell until I got rid of it. I don't think that all the photos that
are not showing have be edited in darktable.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it because gthumb looks like
just what I want, but I need it to see all the photos.

I have this problem too. I didn't had time to debug this, but I have the
impression that gthumb views some kind of embedded thumbnail instead of
the actual image.

This bugreport might be related:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/geeqie/+bug/1509400

Jef