Re: [gthumb-list] gthumb eating cpu and not showing thumbnails

Disabling extension support for exif and xmp solves the problem, but I suppose that I'm loosing the ability to work with exif data.

Another issue I have in this situation is that keeping moving to other directories makes gthumb eating up ram, like all images were left in memory.

Hi guys!

I'm using gthumb from ubuntu's 3:3.3.1.is.3.2.8-0ubuntu1build1 package, but in browser mode I cannot see any thumbnail with View -> thumbnails checked.

Besides that, ghtumb is constantly using about 70-100% of a cpu core (I have a 4-cores cpu), until I close it.

Running gthumb in a terminal I get:

$ gthumb &
[1] 9078
paolo paolo:~$ Error: Directory Olympus: Next pointer is out of bounds; ignored.
Error: XMP Toolkit error 203: Duplicate property or field node
Error: Directory Olympus: Next pointer is out of bounds; ignored.
Error: XMP Toolkit error 203: Duplicate property or field node
Error: XMP Toolkit error 203: Duplicate property or field node

The last error is repeated indefinitely at a pace of 4 lines/sec

I have another installation, on the same gnome desktop, but it doesn't suffer this problem.

I tried installing new version from ppa, but I got nothing better.

I tried uninstalling gthumb (with apt-get purge), but without success.

This problem makes me impossible to work with gthumb :-(

Any hint?

--

don Paolo Benvenuto
parrocchia San Giuseppe al Lagaccio