[gthumb-list] Fit to Height

Hi Folks,

gThumb is definitely one of the best Linux Image Viewers out there, my thanks go out to all those who have voluntarily contributed time & effort to bring it to where it is today.

One thing puzzles me though... I was looking to have a way to have gThumb "Fit to Height" on fullscreen viewing, even if it means clipping some of the edges of the picture. I see the options "Fit to Width" & "Fit to Window" which are both great for their own use cases, the problem I have is that most of my images are "Portrait" and are being viewed on a rotated widescreen monitor with (normalised) rotated desktop, and I'm really looking for a way to have the entire vertical dimension be filled. If a few pixels are lost from the horizontal dimension in doing so it is no big deal, and your viewer would let me pan left/right as needed.

I googled and also had a browse through the plugin list but nothing jumped out at me. The only other viewer I can find with this functionality is "Faststone Image Viewer" . Unfortunately this is a windows program, and while running it through WINE works, it's not without its issues!

Thanks again for the Free (In both senses!) software and Best Regards,

Luke Anderson.