Re: [gthumb-list] Batch comment save

Il 24/01/2014 17:58, Honza Javorek ha scritto:
Hello,

gThumb has a great feature - editing photo's metadata. I can now easily
edit photo's captions and have them saved into the file itself. However,
saving the caption in Comment dialog takes rather long time (several
seconds), so captioning a lot of photos in a row is very tiring. Is
there a way how to change metadata to many files at once and then save
those changes all at once?

There is no way of doing that at the moment and I cannot think of a simple way to implement that.

> That would solve my problem - I don't mind
waiting the time at once, I just don't want to wait many seconds between
captioning every next photo.

I can select many photos at once and edit their metadata, but only if I
want them all to have the same metadata. Which is something I usually
don't want to while captioning. This is maybe useful for fixing dates
etc., but not for captioning.

Thank you for any suggestions!
Honza

- Paolo