Re: [gthumb-list] Bug: EXIF orientation is broken after resize

The scenario is even simpler now :

1/ Open this file : http://nawak.taadeem.net/DSC_1114.orig.JPG
see http://nawak.taadeem.net/DSC_1114.png

I used gThumb 3.1.3

I cannot reproduce the problem, the image is always in portrait mode to me.

The jpg thumbnail comes out in landscape for me (bad), and the full jpg is portrait (good).

The png image just confuses the issue. Ignore it.

Nautilus also displays the thumbnail incorrectly. This suggests to me that the thumbnail provided by gfileinfo is wrong (IIRC gfileinfo can provide access to embedded jpg thumbnails). This isn't unusual; often cameras are lazy and do not save the thumbnail with the correct orientation info.

Paolo: the exiv2 thumbnail-loading code checks for incorrect aspect ratios, added in this commit:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gthumb/commit/?id=91f5888cc49ffddc0d05f0f91a591a4388a50e32

See extensions/exiv2_tools/exiv2-utils.cpp:1399

I guess the other thumbnail sources, which are probably being used here, need the same check.

- Mike

gthumb-3.0.2-3.fc18.x86_64
exiv2-0.23-3.fc18.x86_64