[gthumb-list] Image order in view/edit mode

First off...Thanks for gthumb, I love it!

Now to my problem...

I have several hundred images in a single directory and I'm touching them
up one by one.  In the main view pane I see a large version of the image
and the palette tools on the right.  In the lower window I see thumbnails
apparently sorted by time of last modification.

My problem is that after editing and saving an image the thumbnail view
jumps to the end where my image now appears and I lose my place.  I must
then scroll backwards to try and find where the image was in the original
sequence so I can view the next image.

I have not been able to find any option or preference to set the thumbnail
viewing order to something else like lexicographic by file name.  Any
suggestions on how to deal with this problem?

I'm using gthumb 2.14.3 on ubuntu.

Thanks,
Robert Mecklenburg