Re: [gthumb-list] Where to get :q

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 11:14:27AM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
It seems rather difficult to find .deb files for gThumb.

I have the default 2.13.1 on my xubuntu 11.10 system but, following
recent discussion here, I'd prefer to have 2.14.1 but I can't find a
2.14.1 anywhere to download.

I suppose I could build from source but that will almost certainly get
me into a dependency mess that I don't want, I really don't like leaving
the safety of apt.  :-)

Hi there,

You can just create a new .deb package using Debian based tools such as
uupdate and uscan. Here's a simplified example of what I usually do:

  # apt-get build-dep gthumb
  $ apt-get source gthumb
  $ cd gthumb-x.y.z
  $ uscan
  $ cd ../gthumb-k.u.v
  $ dpkg-buildpackage -sa

Sometimes you have to update one or some patches to make it work, but if
you just wanna try a new version, commenting out all lines of the
debian/patches file usually works.

I don't know which ubuntu version you're using and I'm not sure it's not
gonna fit your system, but there's an ubuntu package here for gthumb:

  http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/gthumb

Cheers,
--
Lincoln de Sousa <lincoln comum org>