[gthumb-list] raw thumbnails in gthumb

gthumb does not produce thumbnails for Canon raw files. This seems to be
a known problem but I cannot find a solution.

I'm running version 2.14.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 which is using the Unity
interface on gnome 3.

As an aside Nautilus would also not produce thumbnails for raw files but
I've fixed that by adding a file raw.thumbnailer to directory
/usr/share/thumbnailers. Gthumb will use the thumbnails now produced by
Nautilus but it won't produce them itself.

There are also thumbnailers defined in gconf but they don't seem to be
used either.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 705 344 3082