Re: [gthumb-list] Tags and xmp.iptc.Keywords

Il 25/10/2011 04:17, Mathieu ha scritto:
Dear gthumb developers,

Using tags in gthumb [1], I realise that they are associated to both
IPTC and XMP, which is quite cool! If I understand correctly, gthumb
uses exiv2 to do so. However, the tags are associated to:

- Iptc.Application2.Keywords: seems OK to me
- Xmp.iptc.Keywords: to me, does not seem to exist...

See: http://www.exiv2.org/tags-xmp-iptc.html

I believe that it should be Xmp.dc.subject instead

See: http://www.exiv2.org/tags-xmp-dc.html

See also the technical specifications of the Metadata Working Group (MWG):

http://www.metadataworkinggroup.org/pdf/mwg_guidance.pdf

"Guidance: IPTC Keywords is mapped to XMP (dc:subject)."

I really like that gthumbs is able to read and most importantly write
IPTC/XMP tags, so please keep up the good work!

Best,
Mathieu.

You are probably right, thanks for pointing this out.

- Paolo