[gthumb-list] gthumb 2.12 no import from camera

Dear gthumb team,
Can not import photos from my camera with gthumb 2.12.

i have happy been using gthumb for several years and like to stay with
this application to keep all my photos and their comment in place.
Downgraded to previous version 2.10 to import my photos.
On your mailing list found below question from P.Hardam.

Since i have the same problem decided to provide you
with more information, Archlinux, with:
kernel (v2.6.37.2)   gimp (v2.6.11)
xfce4 (v4.8.0)   Thunar (v1.2.1)   gtkam (v0.1.17)
libgphoto2 (v2.4.10)   gphoto (v2.4.10)
gvfs (v1.6.6)   gvfs-gphoto2 (v1.6.6)
Camera: Canon Powershot S3  ( uses PTP )

gphoto2 --auto-detect    shows my camera !
gphoto2 --get-all-files     happy imports all photos.
gtkam     can import selected photos.

I'm not shure but think gthumb 2.10 was using gphoto directly  ?
and gthumb 2.12 has changed to using gvfs ?
So i installed gvfs but still noting.

Than i went to compile gthumb 2.12 to see the
errormessages from the compiler: Nothing serious.
Regards,
Henk