Re: [gthumb-list] Comment files

On 16/07/10 00:11, Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
Il 15/07/2010 21:36, Jef Driesen ha scritto:
On 13/07/10 23:55, Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
Il 13/07/2010 22:17, Jef Driesen ha scritto:
Hi,

Does the latest gthumb (2.11.5) still support the comment files from
older versions (2.10.11)? It doesn't seem to work here, but before I
take a closer look I would like to know if it is supposed to work or
not.

yes, it should still read old style comments.

I found the problem already. The comment file is indeed loaded as it
should be, but the "note" part is now only shown in the properties pane.
In the previous version, it was also shown underneath the thumbnail, and
that's where I was looking for it. It doesn't seem to be possible to
make it show up there again. Only the place, date, keywords are there in
the preference dialog.

It was removed because most of the times the comment is too long to show
it on a single line, and showing just the beginning was considered useless.

Well, I kind of abused the comments (v2.10.11) to store a comma separated list of keywords, because the keywords weren't as useful as in the new gthumb (thanks a lot for the nice work btw!). Mainly because the keywords are not shown anywhere, while the comments are nicely underneath each thumbnail.

I'll have to write a script to convert my comments into proper keywords.