[gthumb-list] Cannot make ext branch and/or error in aclocal during autogen.sh

Hi Paolo,

I tried the latest version of gthumb today following instructions on live.gnome.org/gthumb/development

The selection of "git checkout -b ext origin/ext" goes wrong with the following message:

error: You have local changes to '.cvsignore'; cannot switch branches.

Could this be because you integrated ext tree back in the master tree?

Ignoring this error, doing the autogen.sh generates the following error on my Ubuntu Karmic distro:
Running gnome-doc-prepare...
You should add the contents of '/usr/share/aclocal/gnome-doc-utils.m4' to 'aclocal.m4'.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, 'm4'.
Running aclocal-1.11...
Use of uninitialized value $msg in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/autom4te line 1038. unknown channel m4trace:con at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/Channels.pm line 634 Autom4te::Channels::msg('m4trace:con', undef, 'warning: ') called at /usr/bin/autom4te line 1038
aclocal-1.11: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
%

So, is something wrong with my system, are the build procedures changed and should they be updated? Maybe some README files should be changed as well (they refer to a svn repository)?

Roalt