[gthumb-list] gthumb 2.11.2 released
- From: Paolo Bacchilega <paolo bacchilega libero it>
- To: Gnome Announce <gnome-announce-list gnome org>, gthumb <gthumb-list gnome org>
- Subject: [gthumb-list] gthumb 2.11.2 released
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:35:46 +0100
gthumb 2.11.2 is now available for download at:
This is the second development release in a series leading to gthumb 2.12
What is gthumb
gthumb is an image viewer and browser utility for the GNOME environment.
The README file distributed with the tar archive contains a complete
list of features and the instructions to compile the source. The
complete description, screenshots and other info are available at
Overview of changes from gthumb 2.11.1 to 2.11.2
New features and user visible changes:
* Added the "convert format" tool, the "change date" tool, the
"resize image" tool.
* Added a Picasa Web importer and exporter.
* Added ability to specify a list of audio files to play during a
slideshow, and to personalize the slidehoshow options for each
* Create the "command line" catalog if more than a file is specified
at command line.
* Photo importer: always use the "Last imported" special catalog
instead of creating a new catalog for each import operation;
added ability to specify a custom format, the custom format consists
of the strftime format plus the %E code which is used to specify the
* Rename files: added %D and %M for file dates; allow to specify a
custom date format; use %A instead of %attr for the generic attribute.
* Resize tool changes: added ability to specify a destination
folder; ask confirmation before overwriting a file. (#605914)
* Wrap the file captions if they don't fit the available space. (#594134)
* Allow to disable comment synchronization with embedded metadata.
* Allow to view an image directly in fullscreen mode double-clicking
with the middle mouse button.
* Changed some key accelerators: control+delete to move the
selected files to the trash; control+shift+delete to delete the
* Used a preloader to speed-up image loading during a slideshow.
* Added icons to the image tools.
* Fixed double-click that sometimes doesn't open the viewer.
* Fixed saving of tiff files when there is an alpha channel (#610388).
* Fixed some focus issues (#608364, #608364). Give focus to the file
list by default (#608364).
* Do not delete the metadata after rotating or resizing images (#610389)
* Show a warning if no file was imported, or the delete operation is
not supported (#610190)
* Fixed not refreshed images after rotation (#610091).
* Fixed importer failure if the delete operation is not supported (#610090)
* Added missing modules and libraries to LIBADD (#608710)
* Fixed crash when deleting files (#608717)
* Make the code compile with the sunstudio compiler (Jerry Tan) (#608660)
* Fixed crash on mouse wheel move (#608463)
* Corrected minor spelling and grammar mistakes in the documentation
(Christian Kirbach) (#597353)
* Added a --disable-deprecated option to configure to disable
deprecated API usage. (#607757)
* Use a "command line catalog" if more files are specified on the
command line (#606203)
* Fixed crash when loading a file from a location which is not
the current location. (#606205)
* Fixed missing extension linking. Some extensions were "underlinked".
(Fryderyk Dziarmagowski) (#606507)
* Fixed slideshow crash.
* Do not ignore CFLAGS. (Matthias Clasen) (#606227)
* Use the default data dir instead of hardcoding the gthumb-2.0 value
* Modernized autotools syntax as suggested by autoupdate.
* Activated silent rules by default.
New or updated application translations:
* Español (Jorge González)
* Estonian (Rene Pärts)
* Italian (Luca Ferretti)
* Russian (Nickolay V. Shmyrev)
* Slovenian Translation (Andrej Žnidaršič)
* Swedish (Daniel Nylander)
New or updated manual translations:
* Español (Daniel Mustieles)
This program is released under the terms of the GNU General Public
License (GNU GPL) version 2 or greater. You can find a copy of the
license in the file COPYING.
February 22th, 2010
] [Thread Prev